Techarticles.Me – Total Commander is a file Manager software can be used in lieu of Windows Explorer systems.
Total Commander is offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more.
Total Commander is an excellent FTP client. The name and the display of the program (two adjacent Windows) refer to the first classical program of this class, which works in the Norton Commander DOS environment. The Program was originally named Windows Commander but changed because Windows is the registered name of Microsoft.
Total Commander has a file comparison function and directory synchronization, quick preview of graphic files, support for compressed files, FTP client supports FXP and HTTP Proxy, supports connection of two computers via parallel port, can search disk for Find duplicate files and more.
Features in Total Commander now include :
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, 7ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins,
- synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many
- improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
Total Commander Latest
Title : Total Commander 10.52 / 11.00 Beta 1
License : Freeware
Developer : Ghisler Software GmbH
Requirements : Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10