Notepad++ 7.8.7 Latest – Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ v7.8.7 enhancements & bug-fixes:
- Fix new style save dialog by selecting right file filter and adding extension automatically.
- Add right-click context menu to bookmark margin.
- Add sub-menu bullets for cascaded Encoding and Language menus.
- Display file name as root of workspace instead of “Workspace”.
- Add file extension automatically for session files and workspace files while saving in new style dialog.
- Fix file reading failure (network problem) not detected issue.
- Improve Document Map precision.
- Fix clickable links break syntax highlighting issue.
- Fix current range detached from Document Map issue.
- Disallow backward regex searches due to sometimes surprising results (an non-UI option is available to enable it).
- Fix wrong project panel at start by opening a project via command line.
- Allow user to skip *.* when adding only excluding Filters for Find/Replace In Files.
- Fix Doc switcher icon state update issue for cloned documents.
- Assign CTRL-M as default shortcut for invoking mark dialog.
- Fix also a folding visual glitch in Find result.
- Add count of files searched to ‘Find result’ output.
- Fix Find/Replace history lost issue.
- Fix bug of Mark clearing in selection mode.
- Fix auto-completion suggest the same word while the word being modified.
Title : Notepad++ 7.8.7
License : Open Source
Developer : Don Ho
Requirements : Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10