Telegram Dekstop 4.2.0 is a multi-platform software that prioritizes the security of messages sent. Encrypted files, all messages and attachments are sent to the cloud.
Telegram can be used as an alternative to other similar solutions such as WhatsApp, which are only available on mobile devices. Telegram has a modern interface divided into two sections, a contact list and a window with conversations. After installing the program, create a free user account by entering your phone number and name.
Changes in version 4.2.0 (2022-09-17):
- A new expandable reaction menu was added in private chats and groups.
- All users get access to dozens of new reactions, including reactions previously reserved for Premium users.
- The reactions you use most frequently will always be displayed at the top.
- Premium users can react to messages with thousands of custom emoji and add up to 3 reactions to each message.
- Group admins can control whether custom reactions are allowed in their groups.
- Premium users can add an animated emoji status next to their name to display their current activity.
- To set a status, tap your Premium badge in the main menu or Settings.
- Popular suggestions for working, sleeping, traveling and more will be shown at the top.
- To set a status for a specific duration like 1 hour or 2 days, right click the emoji.
- A new format was supported for username links, in addition to “t.me/username.” You can now open Telegram accounts, groups or channels using links like “username.t.me” or “https://username.t.me.”
- Improved support for long media captions.