Audacity 3.2.0 is a free and open-source cross-platform audio. The software is an easy-to-use multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
Audacity has four themes which include light themes (default), as well as dark, high contrast, classic and custom themes. Users can replace every theme and custom theme identical to the classic theme. In addition, users can also create theme templates.
Audacity can create audio tracks with the support of cutting, copying, unifying, and mixing various sound samples. In addition, you can change the speed of the tone and even eliminate unwanted sounds.
Changes in Audacity 3.2.0:
- Added a new Effects button to the tracks menu, allowing you to place realtime effects.
- Further information can be found can be found on
- Merged the mixer bar with the meter bars.
- Added a new Audio Setup button, replacing the Device Toolbar by default. The device toolbar can be re-added via the View > Toolbars menu.
- The Effects menu has gotten a new sorting. Other sorting and grouping options can be found in the Effects preferences.
- Updated the icons.
- Added a quick audio sharing feature.
- VST3 effects are now supported.
- The following plugin formats are now realtime capable: VST3, LV2, LADSPA, Audio Units.
- Plugins now automatically get scanned, tested and enabled when Audacity starts.
- Apple Silicon (arm64) is now supported on macOS
Note: When using an arm64 Audacity, you must use arm64 versions of FFMPEG and plugins.
Plugins for x86-64 (Intel macs) will not load.
- For the time being, Audacity will continue to download x86-64 versions by default to avoid these incompatibilities,
- FFMPEG 5.0 (avformat 59) is now supported, in addition to avformat 55, 57 and 58
- Added support for Wavpack
- On Linux, Audacity can now be compiled without JACK present.
- Audacity now uses XDG directories on Linux.
Note: If you are upgrading from a previous version, Audacity will keep using the ~/.audacity-data and ~/.audacity folders until you delete them.
- Switched from mad to mpg123 as MP3 importer